TOURISM RESEARCH, MEASUREMENT & ECONOMIC ANALYSIS
We provide a full range of tourism research and economic analysis as well as the insight to integrate the findings into your competitive strategy.
– Tourism Research –
Good research makes for much better decisions.
Visitor Profile Study
The SMG Visitor Profile Study is the classic destination study to understand the characteristics of those who are visiting your destination. It includes the following:
– A thorough analysis of visitor travel behaviors, destination perceptions and attitudes
– Demographic information of visitors to your destination.
Note the information from a visitor profile study can be used for SMG’s new Destination Decisions™ program, which allows you to understand the economic implications of your marketing strategy and decisions.
Better understand your competitors and how they might compare to your destination, program or organization. What are their key revenue drivers? How do their visitors view your destination, program or organization?
Understand the power or your brand and home your target and non-target segments. This study seek to identify the perceptions and how your brand in interpreted.
Special Events Research
Wouldn’t it be great to understand who is actually attending the events at your destination (locals, day visitors or overnight visitors?) in an effort to understand if your events are meeting their objectives? SMG’s Special Events Measurement allows a DMO to measure just that. The measurement includes the following insights:
– Understand who is visiting your destination, their reason for visiting as well as their demographic profile.
– Understand the economic impact of your special events on your destination.
Visitor Center Research
Does your destination have a visitor center? Wouldn’t it be great to not only understand why people are there but whether your DMO is being effective in developing incremental spending through the information presented at the visitor center? Thanks to SMG’s Visitor Center Research, you can.
– Understand specifically how people find your visitor center.
– Understand if your visitor center is presenting the kind of information that is generating incremental additional days spent in your destination or planting a seed for a future return trip.
– Find out who is visiting your visitor center, their reason for visiting as well as their demographic profile.
– Marketing Measurement –
If you don’t know where you have been where are you going to go!
Measurement System Consulting
SMG DMO Measurement Model
Let SMG assist you in developing an overall marketing measurement system for your Destination Marketing Organization (DMO). We can work with you to create marketing measurement tools that will give you the most useful metrics and information your DMO requires to continually improve marketing efforts.
The SMG DMO Marketing Measurement Model is designed to focus on your organization and its Return on Investment (ROI) to the industry and community. Let our unique experience as a former DMO Board member and DMO executive work for you answer the questions of what measurements truly assess the effectiveness of your bureau.
DMO Website Return on Investment Study
As focus turns more and more to measuring ROI, DMOs are looking for methods to effectively measure their marketing programs. SMG’s DMO Website Return on Investment Study is a comprehensive approach to measuring the effectiveness of a DMO’s marketing programs. How?
– We identify the impact your efforts have on driving those all-important incremental visits, and what the economic value is to your destination and to your funding sources.
– We provide a thorough analysis of visitor travel behaviors, destination perceptions and attitudes.
– We also provides demographic information of both visitors and non-visitors to your destination.
This is the study you’ll want to have to show your board, your city council, and your county supervisors.
Advertising Conversion Study
Want to know how your advertising is working? The SMG Advertising Conversion Study allows a DMO to better understand the effectiveness of its advertising programs, and whether it is creating loyal customers for a destination. This study provides the following deliverables:
– Measurement of your advertising recall.
– Identify what people like about your destination.
– Understand if your advertising had an impact on a visitor’s decision to visit the area (or if they decided not to visit).
– Identify the efficiency of your marketing and advertising investments.
– Tourism Economic Analysis & Strategy Modeling –
SMG can help you understand the size and scope of your destinations and what different marketing investments can mean in travel spending top your destination.
Tourism Economic Analysis
Want to know what your tourism efforts generate in terms of revenues, taxes and jobs?
SMG can help with its Tourism Economic Impact Analysis studies. We use IMPLAN software to assist you in understanding the size and impact of tourism spending, jobs created and taxes generated for a destination, special event or attraction.
Tourism Strategy Modeling (Scenario Planning)
Our new Destination Decisions™ allows destinations to better understand the economic implications of their marketing decisions and use economic analysis to more effectively manage promotional dollars. It allows you to ask “what if” questions about your marketing or destination strategy and understand the economic impact of those decisions.